[ubuntu-uk] Reclaiming Ubuntu partition

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Thu Apr 22 11:30:36 BST 2010

Hi Keith,

On 22 April 2010 11:21, Keith <keith at grumpyface.me.uk> wrote:
> Perhaps someone could help me my explaining how I can recover the Ubuntu
> partition for Windows to use.

Depends how you installed Ubuntu. If you used wubi then just use the
Windows control panel to remove the wubi application and it should get
rid of the file containing the Ubuntu install.

If you installed Ubuntu in a separate partition, boot from the live
CD. Run gparted. Highlight the ubuntu partition(s) (there will likely
be two, one root, one swap), delete them. Highlight the windows
partition and resize it up to take the space. Click apply, leave it
running. Job done.

Note there is some risk to this, so having a backup is a good thing.

Cheers,
Al.