[ubuntu-uk] The tablet everyone is talking about..

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 21 22:04:22 BST 2010

On 21 April 2010 21:31, Chris Rowson <christopherrowson at gmail.com> wrote:
> <snip>
>>
>> installing the updates, it is now asking me which partitions to
>> install grub on, with a choice of /dev/sda and /dev/mmcblk0 and I
>> don't know which (or both) to select.  Are those the two partitions on
>> the stick or is one the internal flash in the joggler?
>>
> </snip>
>
> Hi Colin,
>
> /dev/mmcblk0 refers tonthe internal memory. I wouldn't stick grub there
> because it'll interfere with the default install.
>
> The internal mmc looks like this in fdisk
>
>          Device Boot      Start         End      Blocks  Id System
>  /dev/mmcblk0p1   *           1        1954       62520  ef EFI
> (FAT-12/16/32)
>  /dev/mmcblk0p2            1955        9768      250048  83 Linux
>
>  /dev/mmcblk0p3            9769       17582      250048  83 Linux
>  /dev/mmcblk0p4           17583       31376      441408  83 Linux

OK, thanks

In fact I was stuck anyway, I had been moving my keyboard and mouse
between the joggler and my pc as the joggler updated, and having got
to the screen asking where it should install grub it would not
recognise the keyboard again.
Reading the latest stuff on the wiki I think I will just start again
with the latest image there.   At least that is no big deal.

Colin