[ubuntu-uk] Computer janitor ....

Barry Drake b.drake at ntlworld.com
Wed Apr 21 16:04:41 BST 2010

Hi there ........

I was careful not to use Computer janitor (supplied in Lucid and before)
without having a partition image and a full data backup - but it really
is annoying to find that the stuff it had removed saying they were not
needed included support for my wi-fi driver.  I could not get that back
easily at all, and ended up using the image to get back up and running.
Don't you think Computer janitor ought to keep a log, and have the
ability to undo the last operation?  I don't think I'm going to risk
using it again!

Regards,
Barry

-- From Barry Drake (The Revd) Health and Healing advisor to the East
Midlands Synod of the United Reformed Church.  See
http://www.urc5.org.uk/index for information about the synod, and
http://www.urc5.org.uk/?q=node/703 for the Synod Healing pages.

Replies - b.drake at ntlworld.com