[ubuntu-uk] 3G wireless on 9.10 or 10.4

paul morgan-roach roachy at roachy.net
Fri Apr 9 19:55:09 BST 2010

> I would like to use Orange and they say the dongle does not support
> Linux.  I suspect the dongle does, and orange are choosing not to
> (whereas another of the big five have set up a repository to support
> their dongles). From what I have read online, some folk have had some
> success with some dongle models.

Hi Dave,

If it helps at all i was seriously impressed to find my USB dongle from O2 worked out of the box on Ubuntu (Karmic)....as soon as i plugged it in another option appeared in the network manager applet.

On Fedora 11 it was very easy to set up as well.....

hope this helps.

Sent from my Nokia N900