[ubuntu-uk] 3G wireless on 9.10 or 10.4

Alan Lord (News) alanslists at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 17:51:34 BST 2010

On 09/04/10 17:24, Dave Smith wrote:
> Long time listener, first time caller

Hello Dave,
<snip />

> Anyone using a dongle from orange with an ubuntu netbook? Which model
> dongle did you use? Or which service provider seems the most Linux friendly?

Most recent dongles will work out of the box with Ubuntu.

I have an Option Icon 225 3G dongle from Orange that I have been using
for over about 18months or so and it works just fine.

Most of the Huawei and other makes work fine too from what I can tell.

None of the providers will probably have a clue what you are talking
about when you say Linux. They are not trained.

We are here though :-)

Cheers

Al

--