[ubuntu-uk] Digital economy bill

Thomas Ibbotson thomas.ibbotson at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 11:43:59 BST 2010

On 8 April 2010 11:38, John Matthews <jakewc2 at sky.com> wrote:
> On 08/04/10 11:35, Paul Taylor wrote:
>> When does this get put before the Lords?  Is there enough time for the bill to be passed?
>>
>> If not, is this something that will persist until the next Parliament?
>>
>> Paul
>> http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/197222280/direct/01/
>> Do you have a story that started on Hotmail? Tell us now
>>
> As I understand it the Bill has been passed, that was what the vote was
> yesterday. Its now law.
>
> John
According to the Telegraph link I posted earlier:

"As the Bill originated with the House of Lords, it will now go back
to the Lords for final approval – which it is expected to get as this
procedure is a largely viewed as a formality. After this stage the
Bill will have completed all of its parliamentary processes and is
expected to receive Royal Assent before passing into law."

So it's not yet law, but only formalities remain.

Tom