[ubuntu-uk] The tablet everyone is talking about..

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Tue Apr 6 18:47:13 BST 2010

Bruno Girin wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-04-06 at 15:27 +0100, James Thomas wrote:
>
>> Phoned around 3 x o2 stores, got the last joggler at store number 3...
>> If anyone wants to buy a joggler and can't #blamepopey
>>

>> :)
>>

> The Camden Town shop was so busy I gave up, went home and ordered it
> online. Now I just have to work out what to do with it. I'll probably
> try to use it out of the box to start with but installing a cut-down
> version of Lucid with the Moblin desktop on top sounds tempting.
> Alternatively, I wonder if it'd be a good device to run Moovida[1] on.
>
> [1] http://www.moovida.com/
>
> Bruno

I popped in the O2 store in Torquay today and had a quick 30 second play
with it.  I really am impressed with the touch screen.  I haven't picked
one up yet but I am tempted.  I've just got to figure out how to run the
thing in a car (assuming it's possible).  It's a shame it hasn't got
some sort of video output too as I know someone who is looking for a
basic web surfing PC and I bet this would have been ideal.

Rob