[ubuntu-uk] Karmic upgrade this morning

Tony Arnold tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk
Wed Sep 30 10:14:19 BST 2009

Rob,

Rob Beard wrote:

> I'm running Karmic on my notebook and this morning it had a whole load
> of packages (about 600MB worth) to upgrade.  After upgrading I noticed
> that it has the new flashy Splash screen which although not as seemless
> as what I've seen, it looks nice.  I also noticed that the theme has
> changed (for the better I'd say).
>
> I just wondered if this upgrade is the Beta version of Karmic which is
> due any time now?

A beta CD is due to be released tomorrow[1], so I guess all the updates
today would bring you roughly in line with that.

I like the new theme too. Last I saw, the GDM theme was still a bit
unpolished, IMHO. Maybe today's updates have fixed that.

Regards,
Tony.

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KarmicReleaseSchedule
--
Tony Arnold,                        Tel: +44 (0) 161 275 6093
Head of IT Security,                Fax: +44 (0) 870 136 1004
Manchester M13 9PL.                 Email: tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk