[ubuntu-uk] GlobalJam - London

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Tue Sep 29 10:31:33 BST 2009

Hi James,

2009/9/28 James Thomas <selinium at googlemail.com>:
> Waiting on others responses. If there are no other takers for the Sunday I
> will just do the Saturday and attend another myself.

I'd recommend you promote this via other means than just the -uk list.
Here's some ideas, to help you gather more potential
visitors/participants (and this goes for anyone running a Jam.

* Contact your local LUG (in this case GLLUG) and post a message there.
* Blog about it
* Use social media tools such as facebook, identi.ca and twitter to promote it.

I'd recommend crafting a mail which details exactly when and where the
event is and how to get to it. Also detail what kinds of things will
be done. I appreciate much of this is on the wiki (so a swift
copy/paste can help there), but some communities will ignore a mail
that just says "Come to my event, click link for more info", they like
to see detail in the mail.

Hope that helps.
Al.