[ubuntu-uk] Cups Error 'httpConnectionEncrypt failed'

Tony Pursell ajp at princeswalk.fsnet.co.uk
Sat Sep 26 16:55:29 BST 2009

On 26 Sep 2009 at 16:15, Liam Wilson wrote:

> Hey all;
>     I've just bought myself a new Kodak ESP 3 all in one printer, and
> upon opening the printer configuration Dialogue to see if there are
> drivers available for it, I find the 'New' button is grayed out. I then
> went to Server -> Connect and selected 'localhost' as my print server.
> After frying to connect to it, I get the error
>
> There was an error during the CUPS operation: 'httpConnectionEncrypt
> failed'.
>
> What can be done to resolve this error, as I need this printer to work
> for my ICT course.
>
> Many, many thanks;
> Liam Wilson

Have a look at

http://openprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Kodak-
EasyShare_Printer_Dock_Plus_Series_3

That is for the EasyShare Printer Dock Plus Series 3.  Its given an
'mostly works' rating.

The information on the EasyShare Printer Dock Series 3 (I.e not 'Plus')
is that it does not work ('paperweight rating').

Go to

http://openprinting.org/printer_list.cgi?make=Kodak

to see all Kodak printers.

There may be drivers on the Kodak website.

Tony