[ubuntu-uk] Mobile broadband usage monitor

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Wed Sep 23 16:19:44 BST 2009

Mark Fraser wrote:
> On Wednesday 23 September 2009 15:53:52 Gordon wrote:
>
>> Mark Fraser wrote:
>>
>>> I'm intending on setting my sister up with a netbook running UNR 9.04 for
>>> use with Orange mobile broadband. Is there an application - preferably
>>> one which will sit in the bar at the top - and notify her of her usage?
>>>
>> Not an answer but a question - does Orange Mobile BB work in 9.04? (Got
>> a Tosh NB100 running 9.04 myself...)
>>

> Yes, it does - I've had it running on a Tosh NB100 running 9.10a6 though -
> I've also had success with O2's stick too after changing the connection
> details.
>
> Doesn't look like there's many of the original NB100s around as I've had to
> buy a reconditioned one from Comet as my local store had one left on display
> sans battery.

Ahh yeah Comet have a habit of doing that.  When I bought my Acer Aspire
2920 it was an ex-demo model without the battery.  Luckily they paid for
a replacement battery and gave me £50 off.

I keep seeing Windows Tosh netbooks advertised at Aria.co.uk for about
£200, shame that they don't appear to do the Linux based ones anymore as
at £200 even I'd be tempted.

Rob