[ubuntu-uk] Nvidia driver resolution support

Alan Lord (News) alanslists at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 10:04:52 BST 2009

On 18/09/09 14:38, Gordon Allott wrote:
> Roger Lancefield wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm running a dual-head Nvidia 7600 GS on Jaunty with the proprietary Nvidia
>> driver.
>>
>> Does anyone know if the driver supports 2048x1152? In particular (probably
>> not a common combination) does anyone happen to know if it will support this
>> resolution together with an existing 1920x1200 panel?
>>
>> The card and driver have been excellent and very flexible so far. They've
>> been perfectly happy runnning TwinView across initially a 1680x1050 and
>> 1280x1024 pair, and currently 1920x1200 and 1280x1024.

I don't think your card will have a problem. We (at The Open Learning
Centre) use Samsung 2343BW monitors that are 2048x1152 with no problems.
even on the inbuilt intel graphics chipsets that come with atom boards
you can get Compiz running just fine.

My desktop has an Nvidia 9500GT and that is fine too.

HTH

Alan