[ubuntu-uk] Organising, searching and emailing

Paul Roach roachy at roachy.net
Fri Sep 18 20:12:57 BST 2009

You could probably get either SugarCRM or Vtiger to do all of the
above...although you'd need to install a webserver.

You can test with VMware though...there's definitely a Sugar virtual
appliance out there and probably a vtiger one to get a test platform
up quickly...

Hope this helps...

On 17/09/2009, Philip Stubbs <philip at stuphi.co.uk> wrote:
> 2009/9/17 Dianne Reuby <pramclub at yahoo.co.uk>:
>> Our Volunteer Co-ordinator has returned to Uni, so I'm lumbered again.
>> Except now we have quite a few volunteers to deal with. I want to be
>> able to:
>>
>> * keep their contact details, availability, and skills list
>> * search the list for availability and skills
>> * email those who meet the search requirements (I plan to do mass emails
>> of general news for all volunteers through the website, so I only want
>> to email certain volunteers when necessary)
>>
>> I've been looking at options, but my main problem is that if I get lucky
>> and find another sucker :) to take it over, they'll probably be using
>> Windows so I need something that lets me export the data from Ubuntu if
>> necessary.
>
> How about using Google Docs? Then as long as they have a browser, it
> does not matter much what OS the eventual incumbent uses. Also, you
> can share docs, so multiple people can get involved :-)
>
> --
> Philip Stubbs

Sent from my mobile device