[ubuntu-uk] GNOME panel set /not/ to always be on top

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 14:37:40 BST 2009

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 2:47 PM,  <Darren.Mansell at opengi.co.uk> wrote:
> KDE4? (sorry if that's not much help and the intention isn't to start a
> DE war, but it may be an option)

Er, no. Sorry, but no.

I'm not moving at this point, but at any rate, I /really/  dislike KDE
- it's gone downhill steadily since v2 and I find KDE4 not only really
truly fugly but also damn-near unusable. And yes, I've tried 4.3, and
4.2 and 4.1 and 4.0. All were /horrid./

KDE is huge, complex, fiddly and was beaten to death with the ugly
stick, but it was a relatively conventional desktop and it worked.
KDE4 is a nightmare agglomeration of nasty widget things trying to
pretend to be a traditional desktop.

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • GMail/GoogleTalk/Orkut: lproven at gmail.com
MSN: lproven at hotmail.com • ICQ: 73187508