[ubuntu-uk] Powertop - any advice?

mac ammonius.grammaticus at gmx.co.uk
Tue Sep 8 16:56:26 BST 2009

Jonathon Fernyhough wrote:
> 2009/9/8 mac <ammonius.grammaticus at gmx.co.uk>:
>> Before I start messing with Powertop, has anyone got any advice,
>> warnings, gotcha's?
>
> Nope. I don't think it's possible to break anything.

Thanks, Jonathon, that's reassuring.  So I guess I'll try the suggested
fixes for the session to see if they help, and decide whether to adopt
them permanently later.

Search results suggest that Powertop is widely used by experienced Linux
devotees;  but I never came across anyone mentioning it here, though
it's in the Ubuntu repos, so I wonder.  Any thoughts?

mac