[ubuntu-uk] Printer prob

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Tue Sep 8 13:22:38 BST 2009

mike daniels wrote:
> 9.04 detected and enabled my HP1440 printer automatically.
> My Lexmark Z34 was not detected, after adding it, a print request just
> returned blank pages.
> Any suggestions please, (apart from "use the HP one") ?
> Thanks, Michael
Too be honest the Lexmark printers are notorious for being badly
supported.  It appears there isn't an open source driver available which
may explain why the printer doesn't work as standard.

There are some instructions for Ubuntu 8.04 which may help although
rather than logging on as root you'd need to use the sudo command...

Good luck.