[ubuntu-uk] USB Wireless G3 Dongle

Alan Lord (News) alanslists at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 14:43:58 BST 2009

On 02/09/09 12:30, huet bartels wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Has anyone got experience in using a mobile G3 Dongle with Ubuntu.
> Vodafone or 3 Network some other provider.
>
> If so could you recommend the best one to purchase.
>
> Thank you in advance
>
> Huet Bartels

I use an Option ICON 225 dongle on the Orange network.

Works fine in Jaunty and (mostly) Karmic.

We did a lot of work on 3G last year for CarPhone Warehouse and Elonex.
Most common dongles work with little or no trouble on Linux with recent
kernels.

Hauwei were a bit of a PITA as they would release a new model but keep
the same USB id. Doh.

Alan