[ubuntu-uk] Is it today Koala comes out?????

Tony Arnold tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk
Thu Oct 29 11:54:58 GMT 2009

Lucy,

Lucy wrote:

> More importantly, should I upgrade my work machine the moment Karmic
> comes out or should I be sensible and wait a few days/weeks?

I guess it depends on how well the servers deal with the sudden rush of
everyone upgrading! My head says I should wait a few days but my lack of
patience probably means I'll do it today or tomorrow:-)

> I'm very much looking forward to trying it out. I've not tried any of
> the pre-release versions this time. *bounces*

Had it on my laptop for a while. Works fine with no problems. Intel
graphics drivers are infinitely better so all the compiz bells and
whistles work very nicely now.

Regards,
Tony.
--
Tony Arnold,                        Tel: +44 (0) 161 275 6093
Head of IT Security,                Fax: +44 (0) 870 136 1004
Manchester M13 9PL.                 Email: tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk