[ubuntu-uk] ZDNet promoting Ubuntu

David King linuxman at avoura.com
Wed Oct 28 22:00:16 GMT 2009

I regularly receive emails from ZDNet, and today's was headlined with:

    Yes, Ubuntu can absolutely be the default Windows alternative

    http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=26606&tag=nl.e550

    A quote from the blog:

    "So how can I be so confident that Shuttleworth’s vision of becoming
    the “default alternative”, and not just the default Linux for those
    geeky enough to try it, will become a reality? Because he very
    clearly tied it to a vision of platform. If Ubuntu can work well on
    every device users encounter (including non-Intel smartbooks and
    other new classes of portable devices that will be emerging in the
    next couple of years, displacing notebooks for many consumers), then
    name recognition will follow."