[ubuntu-uk] New Canon ip4600 printer

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Tue Oct 27 20:16:22 GMT 2009

Jon Taylor wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Bought my mother a new canon iP4600 printer the other day to go on her
> new Mesh pc (with Jaunty installed.) I updated the machine with the
> latest of the updates but for some strange reason it refuses to print.
> I uninstalled the printer and had jaunty reinstall it, print a test
> page but after a re start it still refuses to print. It’s odd because
> it works via a windows laptop running windows bisto when I plug the
> usb cable into it.
>
> I am only a plumber so please don’t make any replies too complicated!
>
> Just for my education would this be a problem with the CUPS?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jon

Hi Jon,

Doing a quick google search came up with this...

The above link also mentions this...
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HardwareSupportComponentsPrinters/CanonPrinters/CanonPixmaIP4200

It appears that you will have to download a PPD file direct from Canon's
web site, or possibly a driver. Good luck.

Rob