[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu on the BBC!

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Tue Oct 27 12:09:14 GMT 2009

Sean Miller wrote:
> Why do none of these programmes ever mention Wine?
>
> It's simply not true that you can't run Microsoft programs on Ubuntu
> -- is the BBC sponsored by Apple and Microsoft or what???
>
> Sean

Well wine isn't perfect.  A fair few applications don't work very well
or not at all, so it's not really a perfect solution.  Dual booting with
Windows or running Windows in a virtual machine would probably be the
better solution.

But on the other hand, I guess it is worth mentioning that iTunes works
on CrossOver (although not owning an iPod, I haven't a clue which
version works and if it's compatible with the latest iPods and iPhones).

Rob