[ubuntu-uk] Hull LUG's Ubuntu Release Party - 31st Oct

Dave Walker DaveWalker at ubuntu.com
Tue Oct 27 08:35:57 GMT 2009

Hi,

I've been asked to forward this message, it's looking like we are going
to have some great release parties!

Kind Regards,
Dave Walker

I just want to let you know and remind you about Hull LUG's Ubuntu
release party which is taking place this Saturday 31st October 2009,
in the Old Grey Mare, 193 Cottingham Road, Hull (Opposite Hull
University Campus).

This will be the first Ubuntu release party that we've hosted (in fact
one of the first to be held outside London). The LUG's geeks (as well
as the LUG’s ordinary users) will be on hand to demonstrate and show
off the new version of Ubuntu, as well as swap tips and hacks with
you. There will be a variety of hardware on display to show the
versatility of Ubuntu, and to allow people to have a ‘tinker’.

The usability of Ubuntu (and Linux) will be fully demonstrated as we
will be demonstrating how to breathe new life into old hardware when
they install Ubuntu 9.10 onto a very old desktop, and get it hooked up
to the internet during the course of the afternoon. For anyone
wanting to try Ubuntu for themselves, free installation discs will be
available for people to take home.

The party will be going on until at least 5pm, after that there will
be a few of us hanging around and more than willing to talk to anyone
who’ll listen about the wonders of Ubuntu, Linux, as well as free &
open source software in general.

Of course the event is not all down to Hull LUG, but also thanks to
Craig and his staff at the Old Grey Mare for their continued support &
for supplying the venue. Also thanks to Paul at Peckhams.com for
providing a mountain of blank cd’s which we're going to magically turn
into Ubuntu 9.10 install discs.

We've had a lot of interest from LUGs around the regions, and it's
looking to be an excellent afternoon, and we'd be really happy for you
all to come along

Regards
Dave

Links