[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu on the BBC!!!

Alan Lord (News) alanslists at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 08:23:13 BST 2009

On 21/10/09 23:26, Tony Pursell wrote:
> On 21 Oct 2009 at 22:29, LeeGroups wrote:
>>>
>> That page got right up my nose....
>>
>> ------------------------------
>> Firstly, "computer program" isn't spelt "programme", that would be a
>> "television programme".

Not to be picky but "spelt" is a type of wheat grain used to make flour
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spelt).

A word is 'spelled' incorrectly.

And in this sentence:

"Given Dells position in the market place and it's support of Ubuntu,
the contents of this page appear to be somewhat skewed in Microsofts
direction."

Dells should be Dell's, it's should be its[1] and Microsofts should be
Microsoft's.

If you are going to criticise spelling I would suggest getting your own
in order would lend more weight to your argument.

Al

[1] http://www.future-perfect.co.uk/grammartips/grammar-tip-its.asp