[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu on the BBC!!!

Neil Greenwood neil.greenwood.lug at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 09:56:27 BST 2009

2009/10/21 James Milligan <lake54 at lake54.com>:
> Apologies - sent that a little early!
>
> He did go on to talk about it a little bit, but it did come across as
> a geek OS, he said that 'people' just want something that works, and
> don't have to fuss about with it.
>
> All in all, I do have to say that Windows 7 is very nice compared to
> Vista.
>
> James
>
>> Did anyone else watch BBC News this morning?
>>
>> Whilst showing off Windows 7, the tech correspondent showed a Mac with
>> Safari open on ubuntu.com
>>
>> Didn't actually mention the name etc, but said about other OSes.
>>
>> James

On BBC Breakfast, Rory Cellan-Jones was demonstrating multi-touch on
Windows 7. He said he normally uses a different system, then went on
to say that Apple were trying to spoil the launch by announcing new
products recently, and that free software was going to celebrate the
launch of a new Ubuntu version next week (he pronounced it right too)!

Cofion,
Neil.