[ubuntu-uk] streaming content via wires!

Robert McWilliam rmcw at allmail.net
Tue Oct 20 13:26:31 BST 2009

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 12:09:53PM +0100, javadayaz wrote:
> Apologies for bringing this topic back up but can i ask a question!
>
> In a bid to provide extra protection to the cable i am thinking of wrapping
> it in brown tape...Is this a good idea?

Adding some extra coating to the cable would probably make it last
longer. If you mean what I think by brown tape (wide selotape type
stuff) then I don't think it'll help much: I doubt the adhesive would
survive long outside. Any time I've seen it after it's been out in
rain it's not sticking to what it was anymore.

If you want the cable to survive for a while then getting a cable
designed to be outside has a far better chance of success than
modifying a normal cable.

	  Robert