[ubuntu-uk] Release schedule

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Wed Oct 14 10:06:58 BST 2009

Sean Miller wrote:
> My brief dalliance with Karmic (have now reverted to Jaunty) suggests
> that there are still some issues to be addressed, even now as the
> window draws to a close.
>
> Anybody else fear that with the pace of change in Linux a 6-month
> release schedule is becoming rather a challenge?  I realise it's neat
> and tidy to do it, but wonder whether it is rather ambitious.
>
> Sean

I have thought this with some of the previous releases.  IIRC I had some
issues with 8.04 LTS when it was first released.  Sure it's fine now
(especially since it's on 8.04.3) but I was a bit concerned that
problems were showing up in an LTS release.

I have noticed since upgrading yesterday in Karmic that everything in my
home directory now has a tick on it (with I gather means it's
synchronized with Ubuntu One).

Rob