[ubuntu-uk] Manchester Karmic (9.10) party

Jon Spriggs jon at spriggs.org.uk
Tue Oct 13 09:56:21 BST 2009

2009/10/13 Lucy <lucybridges at gmail.com>:
> 2009/10/8 Lucy <lucybridges at gmail.com>:

>>> Do we know how much this kind of thing costs? always bearing in mind
>>> that ubuntu release parties are impromptu things done by the community
>>> without sponsorship from canonical sooo y'know.. cheep ;)
>>
>> Agreed :)
>>
>> Other techie groups, like geekup, are able to hire the back room in
>> Revolution for no-cost. I'm happy to give them a call sometime and see
>> if they'd do the downstairs room for free too. I'm sure they'll be
>> able to make the costs back in drinks.
>>

> Arg, real life has gotten in the way. I'm not going to have time to do
> this after all.
>
> Can someone contact the Pitcher and Piano or Revolution on Deansgate
> please? Looking at the websites I think the Pitcher and Piano
> mezzanine might be a better size - there was about 60-80 of us last
> time.

I'll be at Deansgate Docks tonight for Geekup Manchester, so I can
call in to both Pitcher&Piano and Revolution - there are other venues
along there as well - but I'd like to check what exactly is it we're
after? Power + Wifi? Enough room for 60-80 people? Something more? Is
there a price we can work to (as in, do we need it for free, or should
we look at asking a small fee for entering?)

Rgds,
--
Jon "The Nice Guy" Spriggs LPIC-1 Certified