[ubuntu-uk] laptop batteries

mac ammonius.grammaticus at gmx.co.uk
Sun Oct 11 08:36:33 BST 2009

Peter Adam Kelly wrote:
> its always fun to brew your own,, crack that thing open!! iv
> reconditioned several now with new cells,, works a charm on the models
> iv done ;)

Sean / Al / Peter / Jonathon >>> Thanks for your replies and
suggestions.  Reading what you said has helped me clarify what I'm
after.  I don't have the technical panache to do my own reconditioning
(I'd worry about getting it wrong and burning the house down!).  And I'm
afraid I'm pathologically nervous about the security and TACs of E-bay,
PayPal, etc.

So I'd like to use a UK supplier, with a real address and phone number
as well as a website, that someone here has actually used and can vouch
for.  I appreciate that this may be an empty set, as a group the size of
this list may not have had to replace that many laptop batteries;  and I
notice that at the moment the number of replies matching my criteria -> 0.

I know, I know...  If I'm going to be that picky, why don't I just use
Dell and pay full whack?  OK, but, being retired, I was just hoping to
save a few quid.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far.  Any more thoughts?

mac