[ubuntu-uk] streaming content via wires!

Alan Lord (News) alanslists at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 12:42:08 BST 2009

On 07/10/09 12:11, Simon Swaysland wrote:
<snip />

> What switch(es) do you use?
>
> Simon

When we moved in (Dec 2000) I bought an SMC 16 port 19" rackmount
100Mbps full-duplex switch. My office at home is where all the cables
return to and I built a cabinet (in Beech) that has an area at the
bottom that takes 19" equipment. It also has a smoked glass door :-)

It has been running ever since.

Now you can buy GigE switches for about 20% of what that SMC switch
cost: http://www.eclipsecomputers.com/product.aspx?code=NH-16GB-R&af=50

I have no idea if these cheap ones are any good but for that price I
think might take a punt.

Al