[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu Media Center

Alan Lord (News) alanslists at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 06:19:32 BST 2009

On 07/10/09 04:00, Peter Adam Kelly wrote:
> Hey All,
>
> I want to build a media center type Ubuntu system to hookup to my amp
> and speakers HD tv and Sky HD box through a TV card as one of the uses
> will be as a PVR it might be Mini-ITX or might have low profile cards
> I just want it in a nice case that fits in the TV cabinet I want it to
> have a wireless keyboard with touch pad and possibly a remote control
> as well I would just like a bit of advice with choosing the most
> suitable compatible components for use with Ubuntu.
>
> If anyone has any hints, tips, advice, links I would be very greatfull.

I haven't tried this board myself, but I would have thought that the
ideal media pc mobo is currently one based on the nvidia ion chipset
with an Atom processor.

Popey bought a Aspire Revo from eBuyer IIRC for about £150 (naked) that
is based on that board.

HTH

PS: Punctuation helps greatly with readability. ;-)