[ubuntu-uk] FOSS and the Tories...

Daniel Drummond dmdrummondx at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 17:07:49 BST 2009

mac wrote:
> You may have seen this...
>
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/10/06/conservative_it_plans/
>
> Talk about inducing cognitive dissonance...  What will this do to your
> voting plans???
>
> mac

Won't change my voting plans.  I support them for a number of their
policies, including reductions of government spending, encouragement of
marriage and family values, harder prisons to discourage crime... the
list goes on.

Their pledge to ensure an open IT procurement process is just sugar on
top.  It isn't an issue that would solely obtain my vote however.  There
are far more important issues to consider when voting.

Daniel Drummond