[ubuntu-uk] "tartan" window when launching Gnome-do or system monitor on Karmic upgrade

Graham Smith myotisone at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 14:26:44 GMT 2009

I have made a bit of a discovery.  In the Gnome-Do preferences, it is
defaulted to Docky as the selected theme and greyed out so you cannot
change it.

Changing the appearance|Visual effects option to normal allows
Gnome-Do to work using the Docky Theme, which you can then change back
to the classic theme, because the option is no longer greyed out.

I haven't yet tried switching off the Visual effects, to see whether
Gnome-Do will continue working now that it is back to using the
Classic Theme.

Graham