[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu on PS3?

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Fri Nov 27 11:42:29 GMT 2009

javadayaz wrote:
> This sounds good
I'm not sure what to do though.  I mean at the moment I play HD stuff on
the wife's PC running Windows 7 which is plugged into the TV.  It's not
ideal (i.e. no remote, I have to use the mouse) but it works.

Now I want to get a Bluray player, and I was planning on building a HD
media centre PC (I had one previously but the motherboard died) and I
wondered if the original PS3 might be the best option.  Otherwise I
could look at using the old media centre PC case (it's a HP Pavilion
Slimline which is a MiniITX case but with an obscure power supply that
is specific to the HP board), but then I'd need a replacement
motherboard and PSU (I'm looking at nearly £140 for this).

Rob