[ubuntu-uk] Virtual private server recomendations

Andrew Williams andy at tensixtyone.com
Thu Nov 26 15:02:28 GMT 2009

On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 01:42:39PM +0000, dan attwood wrote:
> Ideally the server will have around 1gig of ram, 30 gig of disk space, a
> nice fat pipe the conect it to the web, a static IP and run Linux (I'm
> prefer Ubuntu but open to others)

If your handy with Linux and not going to depend on the in-house support for
anything bar network/infrastructure issues then OVH are a real steal to go
with.

http://www.ovh.co.uk

Their RPS machines are actual hardware with the storage broken off onto a
SAN, you get 10mbit connection which is shared for netbound and san-bound
traffic. Also its "unlimited" bandwidth with a soft cap at 3Tb iirc, i've
been able to push about 5-7Mb/sec when i hosted the #! release isos

--
Andrew Williams
w: http://tensixtyone.com/