[ubuntu-uk] Virtual private server recomendations

dan attwood danattwood at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 26 13:42:39 GMT 2009

I'm starting to look at the possibility of gettting a hosted virtual
private server for a project I'm working on. I've been doing the usual
googling and the only thing I can say for sure is that it's a mine field
of options, from expensive to cheap and back again.

Ideally the server will have around 1gig of ram, 30 gig of disk space, a
nice fat pipe the conect it to the web, a static IP and run Linux (I'm
prefer Ubuntu but open to others)

I wondered if the leaner'd members of this list might have any suggestions?

Dan