[ubuntu-uk] web / e-mail hosting

Matt Wheeler m at funkyhat.org
Thu Nov 26 13:15:39 GMT 2009

On Thursday, November 26, 2009, Philip Stubbs <philip at stuphi.co.uk> wrote:
> I hope you are wearing your foil hat right now....

While I do use gmail, I think it's important to consider carefully how
much you trust them to keep your data secure. Have you read the gmail
privacy policy? It basically says "we will not put up much of a fuss
if someone asks for your data".
Added to the fact that you are allowing them to store your data in the
US, where data protection laws are not as broad as the UK's.

Before you lump in the google-wary with the tin foil hat wearers,
consider that a government would have a much easier time simply asking
google for your thoughts than attempting to steal them through radio
waves ;)

Yours Hypocritically, ;)
Matt Wheeler
m at funkyhat.org