[ubuntu-uk] Chrome OS

Jonathon Fernyhough j.fernyhough at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 21:42:25 GMT 2009

2009/11/20 Barry Titterton <barry.titterton at mail.adsl4less.com>:
> The BBC web site says today that the Google Chrome OS is based on
> Ubuntu. Can our more expert members expand on this?
>
> Barry
>

> --
> ubuntu-uk at lists.ubuntu.com

There is an Ubuntu-based distro that bundles Chrome. It's link-bait,
originally it appeared around the time ChromeOS was first rumoured.
It's hosted on a GoogleCode page (or Google Sites? I forget) and is
simply Jaunty with Chrome (and Gnome and OOo and...). It's /not/
Google's ChromeOS, and I'm surprised it hasn't had a takedown notice.

The BBC needs a prod.

Jonathon