[ubuntu-uk] Liferea: transfer settings from 1.4 to 1.6?

mac ammonius.grammaticus at gmx.co.uk
Wed Nov 18 15:01:52 GMT 2009

Neil Greenwood wrote:
<snip>
> Hmm, I should have read Matt's reply before posting!
> I agree with him that purge should only affect system configuration.

Yes, that's right.  But as I had no idea how Liferea was installed, and
as a simple 'remove' didn't seem to fix things, I invoked 'belt and braces'!

Actually, it turned out there was an XML file in ~/.gconf/apps, which
wasn't cleared by the 'remove', and seemed to be affecting the
reinstall;  and of course you have to manually delete the .liferea_1.6
folder in /home.  In the end, I finished up doing a 'find' to get rid of
the various bits lying about - not the first time that removing a simple
little app from Linux has turned into a frustrating paperchase!

Anyway, it's fixed now, and working properly, without my having to
manually transfer all the settings.  So I'm grateful, as always, for the
generous help of folk on this list.

mac