[ubuntu-uk] Exchange 2007 Support in Karmic

Paul Roach roachy at roachy.net
Thu Nov 12 16:45:30 GMT 2009

Wondered whether anyone on the list has had any joy/luck with Evolution and
MS Exchange 2007.  I've read a lot online about incompatibility due to MS
sacking WebDAV - which is effectively how Evolution-Exchange and Exchange
2003 talk to each other, but haven't been able to find (m)any success
stories.

I'd love to move the messaging architecture over to something open source -
but at the same time I'm looking for simplicity of deployment to our
predominantly MS users (who heavily use shared Calendars/Tasks and Public
Folders in Exchange).  I've looked at Horde, eGroupware and Lotus Notes but
Horde and eGroupware fail to tick all the boxes and Notes works out more
expensive on licencing.  Effectively for the next few years it looks like
I'm stuck with MS and Active Directory - I'm just hoping that I don't end up
breaking my own systems in the process so any comments would be appreciated.