[ubuntu-uk] OpenOffice.org problems

Jonathon Fernyhough j.fernyhough at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 00:52:30 GMT 2009

2009/11/4 David King <linuxman at avoura.com>:
> I am having some serious problems with OpenOffice.org.

> It was all okay until an Ubuntu update. So can I go back to an earlier
> version that worked? Or is a simple solution to just remove/install/fix
> something with the current installation to get it working again?
>
> David King

This sounds similar to a problem I had a little while ago - basically
after an update the icon set that was selected previously (the default
set) had been uninstalled. IIRC I had to install
openoffice,org-style-galaxy, which let me load OOo correctly. I could
then choose the Human icon set.

This wasn't fixed by clearing the .openoffice3 dir as it just defaults
back to the Galaxy style!

Jonathon