[ubuntu-uk] Not a good press

mac ammonius.grammaticus at gmx.co.uk
Tue Nov 3 08:57:06 GMT 2009

Philip Stubbs wrote:
> 2009/11/3 Sean Miller <sean at seanmiller.net>:
>> Maybe it is time to ask the question again -- is the 6-month cycle too
>> ambitious?
>>
>> Sean
>
> There will never be a 'one size fits all' If six months is too fast
> for someone, then they should use only LTS releases. Alternatively,
> they could use Debian, or Suse or RedHat etc.

Yes, I think you have a serious point there.  I suppose the question may
be the wisdom, in PR terms, of pitching the six-month releases, rather
than the LTS releases, as "challengers" to Windows and Mac OSX.  If you
get a noticeable minority of people having issues with sixth-month
releases (even acknowledging Al's point in another post that there is on
balance a majority of successful experience) the PR consequences may be
too great a risk.

mac