[ubuntu-uk] [soslug-list] Re: WARNING? Ubuntu Karmic and openshot

Sean Miller sean at seanmiller.net
Sun Nov 1 21:18:05 GMT 2009

On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 9:11 PM, linux <linux at soslug.org> wrote:
>> 3) false alerts that my disk has bad sectors when a S.M.A.R.T scan
>> showed none

That's why I "downgraded" from the Beta back to Jaunty, because Karmic
seemed determined that I needed a new hard drive, yet somebody I knew
who worked in a computer shop ran some diagnostics and that showed
nothing - checked on Google and it seemed others had reported the same
to Ubuntu so decided it was an issue that would be rectified before
production...

Can you be sure that the version your LUG member is referring to was
the final version??

Sean