[ubuntu-uk] OT: Dell Mini 10

Stephen Garton sheepeatingtaz at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 10:39:26 GMT 2009

2009/11/1 Neil Perry <nperry at gmail.com>:
> Only thing I can find which might make a little bit of difference, not sure
> how much though.
> http://www.yugatech.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/atom-z530-vs-n270.gif
> Hope this helps
> Neil Perry
>

> 2009/11/1 Ian Pascoe <softy.lofty.ilp at btinternet.com>
>>
>> An Autumnal Morning to you all!
>>
>> Been doing some research for my new Xmas toy, and as the title says it
>> looks
>> like it's going to be the Dell Mini 10.  My reasoning is totally
>> subjective,
>> and it's down to the keyboard - I like the sloping keys!
>>
>> However, a question for those of you in the know.
>>
>> There are two variants of this Netbook, the Mini 10 and the Mini 10v.
>> Looking at Dell's site, the major difference appears to be the BPU - one
>> being an Atom 270 and the other being an Atom 530, both clocked at 1.6
>> GHz.
>> So, what, as an end user, should I know to make an informed decision about
>> which CPU to go with?  OS will be Ubuntu but the Netbook reMix I think,
>> not
>> the standard Dell one.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Ian
>>

>> --
>> ubuntu-uk at lists.ubuntu.com

I have a Mini 10, and it works fine, but I have to install packages
from the ubuntu-mobile PPA to get 'proper' graphics drivers i.e. The
correct resolution, and not use VESA. I remember reading somewhere (no
source I'm afraid) that the 10v worked out of the box.

Steve Garton
http://www.sheepeatingtaz.co.uk