[ubuntu-uk] OT: Dell Mini 10

Ian Pascoe softy.lofty.ilp at btinternet.com
Sun Nov 1 10:12:55 GMT 2009

An Autumnal Morning to you all!

Been doing some research for my new Xmas toy, and as the title says it looks
like it's going to be the Dell Mini 10.  My reasoning is totally subjective,
and it's down to the keyboard - I like the sloping keys!

However, a question for those of you in the know.

There are two variants of this Netbook, the Mini 10 and the Mini 10v.
Looking at Dell's site, the major difference appears to be the BPU - one
being an Atom 270 and the other being an Atom 530, both clocked at 1.6 GHz.
So, what, as an end user, should I know to make an informed decision about
which CPU to go with?  OS will be Ubuntu but the Netbook reMix I think, not
the standard Dell one.

Cheers

Ian