[ubuntu-uk] Scambled screen & Beginning Ubuntu

Greg Herdman gherdman at toucansurf.com
Sun May 31 15:49:34 BST 2009

Hi Everyone,
I too can vouch for Keir Thomas & Jaime Sicam's book - although it
hasn't got me out of my scrambled scren 'hole' yet, it was a real
support while I was styarting out on the Linux road. Add to that the
Live user mode on the DVD which is still in use until I can summon up
the courage to reinstall the whole shooting match.

The scrambled screen issue is still fouling up my
all-singing-al;l-dancing use of Ubuntu, but Live user from the DVD is a
real get-you-home utility; I can access my hard drive, print, access
removable media and go online - all from the DVD. I've just not made use
of e-mail access since everything has to be reconfigured every time the
system is started. As a promotional tool - to show non-believers how
Ubuntu looks and works - Live user is a gem.

Any more hints on my scrambled screen issue would be much appreciated!

Greg