[ubuntu-uk] Audio books and wget

Steve Garton sheepeatingtaz at sheepeatingtaz.co.uk
Sat May 30 04:59:01 BST 2009

On 29 May 2009, at 22:59, michael <ubuntu at bigmassiveheed.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to automate the downloading of audibooks from
> podiobooks.com
>
> Instead of clicking each link to download each mp3 chapter I am trying
> delvelop a sript that can be cron'ed.
>
> Now the problem:
>
> Example link to mp3 file: www.podiobooks.com/blahblahblah-03.mp3
>
> using the following:
>
> *wget --convert-links  -r -l1 -H -t1 -nd -N -np -A.mp3  -erobots=off
> http://podiobooks.com/blahblah *
>
> to download the file results in the following being downloaded:
>
> *www.podiobooks.com/blahblahblah-03.mp3?moreblahblahblah
> *
> this file is then deleted due to the accept list not recognising it.
>
> Is there any way for wget to ignore or delete everything after the ?
> the end of the line
>
> Michael

Hi Micheal,

It's been a while since I used podiobooks, but IIRC you can set it to
release all chapters 'now' and it gives you an rss feed with all the
chapters as enclosures. You could use this in any podcatching
software, or parse the feed manually if that's your bag! Should be
simpler than spidering the site using wget?

Steve