[ubuntu-uk] System apps crash on LiveCD (WAS: Mini-success story)

James Milligan lake54 at lake54.com
Fri May 29 14:28:20 BST 2009

OK perhaps not as easy as I first thought

Running from a live cd:

For some reason every system app crashes. Firefox etc work fine, yet
whenever I try to install flash (any of the 3 available) terminal or
the installer app crashes.

I'm restarting with the live cd again to see if it works this time
otherwise I think I might have faulty memory (will try the memory test
if it fails again)

Has anyone got anything else I can try?

James