[ubuntu-uk] bbc listen again anomaly

Robert Longstaff dreamfish at dreamfish.org.uk
Thu May 28 10:32:07 BST 2009

> However, just lately I find that some programmes do not play and a
> message appears that I need to 'install real player'.

Two things come to mind regarding iplayer and realplayer:

- There is a 'low quality' mode, possibly called dialup or
something similar, which is a link at the bottom of all pages.
I believe this plays everything in realplayer (or tries
to) instead of flash until reset

- Some channels seem to do everything only with realplayer,
irrespective of quality setting. BBC World Service is one
example.

Robert.