[ubuntu-uk] bbc listen again anomaly

alan c aeclist at candt.waitrose.com
Thu May 28 10:14:23 BST 2009

Most of bbc radio listen again is flash based I think, and it works ok
for me.

However, just lately I find that some programmes do not play and a
message appears that I need to 'install real player'.

In a machine which has an older install - an asus 900 which is still
running the original xandros offering - such programmes play ok.

just for the record - in one machine with 9.04 on it, I did actually
install RealPlayer  from a deb an dalso on 8.04 machine from a binary.
Neithe rworked for the problem item.

A particular example is the michael bentine show
for example
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00bv2gw/episodes/player

strangely, shows with this problem do work sometimes. It is as if
firefox (3) or th eplugins are not fully working with bbc iplayer

any ideas please?

--
alan cocks
Ubuntu user