[ubuntu-uk] Business with Ubuntu

Philip Stubbs philip at stuphi.co.uk
Wed May 27 16:00:33 BST 2009

2009/5/27 James Milligan <lake54 at lake54.com>:
> Ah thanks for that.
>
> Just seeing the quote you used from my last email - wanted to clarify
> it a bit. The reason i'm wanting a live cd is so that I can put the
> codec stuff on or flash and the other media things, not drivers etc.
>
> As a quick sort of poll, is Ubuntu Desktop the best for this type of
> thing, rather than any of the others? I.e. Kubuntu, Xubuntu etc.

Stick with Ubuntu if the machine can handle it. If it is a bit low
powered, then use Xubuntu. You don't want too many
options/configurations, as it will become a nightmare to manage.

Before all the KDE fans get flame throwers out, I only suggest using
Ubuntu as it is the standard version, not because of any bias for
Gnome on my part.

--
Philip Stubbs